Searching for documents is a big part of what you’ll be doing in SmartCabinet.® Creating searches can sometimes be a long and complex process. Fortunately, whenever you create a search you find valuable, and will run often, you can save it for use at another time and save yourself some key strokes.
Clicking on My Saved Searches brings up the Saved Searches page.
This is a search for resumes within the system.
- Title. This is the name of the search. This is actually a link that, when clicked, will perform the defined search.
- Is Default. Identifies whether or not this particular saved search is the one you want to execute automatically when you log into SmartCabinet.®. This must also be set in your user profile as the start up page “Quick Search Page.”
- Results on Quick Search Page. The number in this field specifies the number of results per page that you will see returned when you invoke this search on the Quick Search Page.
- Show Default Saved Search. If this box is checked and the user has selected the Quick Search Page as their start up page under User Profiles, SmartCabinet.® will execute this search and display its results automatically each time the user logs into SmartCabinet.® or clicks the Home key.
- Update. Clicking Update saves the current state of the Results on the Quick Search Page and Show Default Search parameters.
- Reset. Clicking Reset resets the values on the Quick Search Page and Show Default Search parameters to their previous values.
Once a search has been saved, it shows up under My Saved Searches in the My SmartCabinet. tray.
The Item Actions Menu
For each saved search, you have the following option:
- Set as Default. Makes the selected search the default search. If this box is checked and the user has selected Quick Search Page as their start up page under user profiles, SmartCabinet® will execute this search and display it automatically each time the user logs into SmartCabinet® or clicks the Home button.
- Delete. Deletes the search from your list of saved searches.