To begin working with users, click on Manage Users > Users in the Administration tray. This takes you to the Manage Users: Users page
The Manage Users: Users page shows all active and expired users in the system in alphabetical order along with important information about each user’s status.
NOTE: A user called “sysadmin” has already been created. You cannot delete this user, and you are not charged for it.
The Actions Menu
The following option is available in the Actions menu:
- Add User. Takes you to the Add User page where you can create a new user in the system.
- Import Users. Takes you to the Import Users page where you can import multiple users using a spreadsheet.
- Download Spread. Allows you to save a spreadsheet of all the users
- Print View. Brings you to a new page with the users listed in a printer friendly format.
The Select Actions Menu
The following option is available in the Select Actions menu:
- Select All. Allows you to select all users on the page.
- Unselect All. Allows you to unselect all the users on the page.
- Email Login Information. For all selected users this will email the login information, in two separate emails, (username and a new password) to those users who have email addresses.
- Email Password Reset. For all selected users this will reset the password and send them an email notification with the new password if they have an email address.
- Email Users. For all selected users that have email address this will open your email client and add there email to a new email.
The Item Actions Menu
Different users have different permission options. The available options can be selected from the Item Actions menu for a given user in the table. Depending on the user’s status, some or all of the following options will be available:
- Add Permissions. Takes you to the Users: Assign Permissions to Users page where you can give a user access to one or more folders in the system.
- View User Permissions. Takes you to the Users: Permissions Assigned to User page where you can review the list of folders to which a user has access as well as the type of access to each folder that he or she may have.
- Manage User Security Groups. Takes you to the Users: Assign Security Groups page where you can assign a user to one or more Security Groups.
- View User Security Group Permissions. Takes you to the Users: Security Group Permissions Assigned page where you can review the Security Groups to which a user is assigned.
- View All Permissions. Takes you to the Users: Users and Security Group Permissions Assigned page where you can review both User Permissions and Security Group permissions assigned to a given user.
NOTE: There are two kinds of permissions in SmartCabinet®: User Permissions and Security Group Permissions. A User Permission gives a user access to a folder in the system independent of a Security Group. A Security Group Permission gives a user access to a group of folders defined as a single unit. Users can have both types of permissions. In that case, individual permissions override security group permissions. For example, if Jane has full access permissions to the HR folder for Resumes but was put in a security group with read only permissions for HR > Resumes, Jane will have Full Access permissions to HR > Resumes because her individual permissions outrank her security group permissions.
- Manage User Security Classes. Takes you to the Users: Assign Security Classes page where you can assign a user to one or more security classes.
- View User Security Classes. Takes you to the Users: View Security Classes page where you can view the current user's assigned security classes. By default all users will be assigned the 'Public' security class, which cannot be deleted..
- Edit. Takes you to the Users: Edit User page where you can change a user’s profile information. This page is identical to the Users: Add User page with the exception that you cannot edit a user name. To change a user name the user must be deleted and reentered.
- Delete. Removes a user from the system.
- Add Similar. Takes you the Users: Add User Similar to page that allows you to create a new user with the same Personalized Settings and Permissions.
- Copy Permissions. Takes you to the Users: Copy Permissions page that allows you to select a user that will get the new copied permissions.