Just like you can attach metadata to content, folders can have metadata, too. To begin working with Folder Metadata, click on Manage Metadata > Folder Metadata Labels in the Administration tray.
The Manage Metadata: Folder Metadata Labels page shows the list of all Folder Metadata items in the system in alphabetical order.
Even though you create Folder Metadata items here, you attach them to folders in the Hierarchy Folder Configuration.
In this example, we’re exploring the folder “Capital Place”. To attach a Folder Metadata Label:
- Select Info from the menu. This takes you to the Hierarchical Folder Information page.
- Select Update from the Folder Actions menu. This takes you to the Hierarchy Folder Configuration page.
- From the drop-down menu entitled Folder Metadata Selection, select the Folder Metadata Label you would like to use. This drop-down menu will contain all the Folder Metadata items that have been created in the system.
The Item Actions Menu
For each Folder Metadata item, the following options are available:
- Edit. Takes you to the Folder Metadata Labels: Edit Folder Metadata Labels page where you can configure your Folder Metadata items.
- Delete. Removes the Folder Metadata item from the system.
The Actions Menu
The Actions menu has the following option:
- Add Folder Metadata Label. Takes you to the Folder Metadata Labels: Add Folder Metadata Labels page where you can create a new Folder Metadata Label.