Version: SmartCabinet v8.9.1
- Ticket #: 887 (Enhancement: 8.1.042) – In Manage Content - Archiver, the ability to zip archive folders has been added. When selecting an archive action "Archive Results" or "Folder Backup Results" for a specific archive, you will see a new action, Zip Folder, in the results page. When selecting Zip Folder it will create zip file of the selected folder on the ftp site in the same location of the folder with the zip file name of the folder.zip. This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.9.1.
- Ticket #: 884 (Bug: 8.1.040) – Folder & Content Path Length Report was returning a blank field for the Folder Path column. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.9.1.
- Ticket #: 886 (Bug: 8.1.041) – Archive - Folder Backup Off Hours was updating the Last Excuted date with a blank field. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.9.1.
Version: SmartCabinet v8.8.1
- Ticket #: 848 (Enhancement: 8.1.039) – In Desktop Integration, in Windows Explorer when dragging and dropping content for a new revision the release date would check with the previous revisions release date. The release date will now update with the current date and time of the check in. This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.8.1.
Version: SmartCabinet v8.7.1
- Ticket #: 828 (Enhancement: 8.1.038) – Under Content Expiration in Content Management, multi-select was added to unexpire and move content back into a folder. This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.7.1.
- Ticket #: 839 (Bug: 8.1.036) – A general user was not able to drill down when selecting folders for Check In, Copy and Move. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.7.1.
- Ticket #: 840 (Bug: 8.1.037) – Under Manage Users - Users: Add Similar for adding a similar user was not updating the roles correctly. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.7.1.
Version: SmartCabinet v8.6.1
- Ticket #: 803 (Bug: 8.1.035) – When deleting a folder with 6 levels or more it was sending the wrong and redundant notifications. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.6.1.
- Ticket #: 804 (Bug: 8.1.034) – When you select the menu item under Users for a user 'View User Security Group Permissions' it says there are no permissions, however viewing All Permissions you can see the Security Group Permissions. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.6.1.
- Ticket #: 808 (Bug: 8.1.033) – Propagate inside Browse Content - Search - Folders is propagating all folder metadata fields to blank, when not assigning metadata to a field. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.6.1.
- Ticket #: 809 (Bug: 8.1.032) – Checking In a Revision with the same file name as another content item in the same folder was allow and this should not be allowed. A bug was found that was not checking for a unique file name, like it does on a new check in. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.6.1.
Version: SmartCabinet v8.5.1
- Ticket #: 489 (Enhancement: 8.1.009) – The ability to set up views for Folders has been added. Users now can add custom views for folder content results, just like search results. This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.5.1.
- Ticket #: 778 (Bug: 8.1.030) – A non-admin user did not receive notifications after turning on Security Class security on. A bug was found that was incorrectly checking the security of the user and returned that the user did not have the correct permissions to the content and in return did not send the notification. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.5.1.
- Ticket #: 783 (Bug: 8.1.031) – Content Type Metadata Report Showing no results. A SQL query bug was causing no data to return. This bug has been fixed, along with the description for 'No Content Type Metadata'. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.5.1.
Version: SmartCabinet v8.4.1
- Ticket #: 485 (Enhancement: 8.1.003) – Create Search Views for Users. Admin Users now have the ability to create a search results view and assign it to selected users or all users. This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.4.1.
- Ticket #: 776 (Bug: 8.1.029) – Desktop Integration Check-In Error. On Check-In a non-admin user was getting a permissions check-in error. The error was stated the user did not have the correct permissions, but the user did have the correct permission to check in the file. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.4.1.
Version: SmartCabinet v8.3.1
- Ticket #: 633 (Bug: 8.1.024) – Uppercase database and file system issue for file extension. This was a bug that was fixed back in 2008 but some files were missed in the cleanup. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.3.1.
- Ticket #: 628 (Bug: 8.1.026) – My Alerts not showing up on the My Dashboard. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.3.1.
- Ticket #: 628 (Bug: 8.1.027) – On first load for any folders, the files inside the folder were not sorting properly. The sort was only taking into consideration the first 50 files. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.3.1.
- Ticket #: 637 (Bug: 8.1.028) – Move error, was a result of a Notification Group that was deleted that was still assigned to a Date Notification that was assigned to a content item. Code has been added that will not allow you to delete a Notification Group that is assigned to a content item. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.3.1.
Version: SmartCabinet v8.2.2
- Ticket #: 483 (Enhancement: 8.1.001) – Additional Metadata Required/Mandatory. Make Additional Content Metadata a mandatory based on Type and Subtype. This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.2.2.
- Ticket #: 530 (Enhancement: 8.1.017) – When displaying the message "Your items have been successfully copied/moved." Giving the option to go to that location. This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.2.2.
- Ticket #: 587 (Bug: 8.1.023) – Select All not working properly for Security Group Permissions. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.2.2.
- Ticket #: 600 (Bug: 8.1.022) – Security Class column inside Roles is not sorting correctly. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.2.2.
Version: SmartCabinet v8.2.1
- Ticket #: 558 (Enhancement: 8.1.021) – In Browse Content the “Load More Files” was not holding sort type of the selected column when loading more files. This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.2.1.
- Ticket #: 577 (Bug) – When trying to “Copy Multiple” the “Load More…” was not loading more folders. This bug fix has been added to SmartCabinet v8.2.1.
Version: SmartCabinet v8.1.1
- Ticket #: 482 (Enhancement: 8.1.005) – Added Calendar to date fields in “Quick Search”. This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.1.1
- Ticket #: 490 (Enhancement: 8.1.013) – Added Folder configuration setting; default Folder load count and default File load count. This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.1.1
- Ticket #: 505 (Enhancement: 8.1.014) – Added Folder configuration setting; Folder Levels. Clients have the ability to choose the number of Folder Levels up to 10 Levels. The impact of more folder levels is assigning security and folder path length. Default will be 6 levels. This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.1.1
- Ticket #: 508 (Enhancement: 8.1.015) – Add "My SmartCabinet" - "My Folders" to "User Profile" - "Startup Page". This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.1.1
- Ticket #: 479 (Enhancement: 8.1.020) – In Browse Content, a configuration setting was created to swap “File Name” and “Title” field columns in Folder Content Window or Hide the “File Name” column. This enhancement has been added to SmartCabinet v8.1.1
Version: SmartCabinet v8.0.0
On behalf of our entire team we are very pleased and excited to announce our latest release of SmartCabinet®. SmartCabinet 8.0 continues to expose and build upon key functionality of our award winning core technology, Oracle WebCenter Content. Our goal at DocClarity is “to be your transparent and seamless one source provider of leading edge cloud based content management deliverables, allowing you to affordably and efficiently capture, access, manage, share, and store the content you use to run your businesses.”
The following items represent some of the major new enhancements and features. All enhancements will be provided at no additional charge:
- Folder Layout – New folder layout will provide quicker and easier navigation as well as the always important “click reduction.” This change in navigation will also deliver performance to your user experience.
- Query Folders – Query folders operate like a search and a folder in one. Create a search inside a folder and save it as a query folder for users with permissions to that folder to use.
- Remove From Folder and Existing Content Item – SmartCabinet is a repository for content so it doesn’t always need to be tied to a folder. You can remove the tie to a folder thus removing security and allowing all users to see the content.
- Search Folders – Search for folders inside of folders by name, owner, creator or date created or modified.
- Administration (folder) – View and manage basic permissions for a specific folder inside the folder eliminating the need to be an administrator. Designed for someone who is managing a specific area of the application.
- User Trash – Users that have delete permissions have the ability to move content into their personal trash to manage. Admins can see all users trash.
- Days to Permanently Delete Content – Deleted content will now be stored in an expired state until prompted to be permanently deleted according to the System Setting.
- Roles – Ability to add a collection permissions to a Role, so that they are easier to administer. For example, a contributor role would probably have read and write access to certain kinds of documents, whereas the admin role would have total control over all documents. Change the role, and you change the rights of all users with that role.
We take pride in our ability to keep your SmartCabinet instance up to date with industry best practices. We hope you enjoy these latest additions and please let us know what we can do to make your user experience the best it can be. Don’t forget By clicking “Support and Help” from the Trays on the left side of your SmartCabinet screen or “Help” on the Top Menu Bar, you’ll find fresh content as we continue to add robust community articles and support tools.